Tuesday, January 26

Peaceful Days . . .

So I have today and tomorrow off, then back to work Thursday and Friday. I'm glad though that I will not be working phones those days. My last few days on phones was a little . . .

People are hurting, and when they are hurting others because of it tragedies can occur. Thankfully, we were able to help someone prevent a tragedy, but man, it shook me up a bit. Suicide attempt, with knives . . . screaming . . . hysteria . . .

I am glad that today and tomorrow I am off. :) God has equipped me with means to deal with this job, but I truly hope He doesn't plan for me to be here for a long time. I would rather be helping people to prevent this type of thing from happening, then trying to send help when it does happen. Though I am relieved we were able to help and prevent that situation from escalating into the direction it was heading.

Thank you Lord for days like today :) Went to the gym and did aqua-size with mom and some other friends, took mom to lunch, came home and relaxed. Mom made a fantastic pot-pie, we made pumpkin pie as a joint effort and it turned out wonderful too. And the pups . . . crazy fun critters :) I love my dogs. :) Yeah, thank you Lord for today.

No comments: