Tuesday, March 31

The Rest of the Story

Now you heard/read the exciting story (below) here is the rest of the story.

We made it to the south eastern part of the Denver area and stayed at a hotel. We only had 56 miles to go to get the academy in Loveland, so we were going to take off at 9:00am.

Yeah, we finally left the hotel at about 9:40, however the snow started at 8:30. It was coming down pretty good, but it wasn't to bad, yet. We moved onto the highway . . . we had a few missed turns and ended up driving in a big circle at which the car that was in our little troop of vehicles, did a 360 in the middle of the intersection and decided they were going to ditch the car in a hospital parking lot and pile in the spaces we had in the two trucks and my 4Runner.

As we unloaded the car into the trucks, I looked at the back tires and low and behold, another miracle we had no idea about, the back tires were smooth, the front tires not far behind. How had they not slid off the side of the road the night before was a miracle. On Friday, when mom and the driver of the car went to get the car and get the tires changed, they found out it was at 2/32 thickness. How they got so bald, we're not sure, but so thankful for the angels that protected that car when it was sliding on the road the night before.

Back on the road, the snow had fallen now a good ten inches, and we had only been gone about two hours. The temperature was dropping rapidly and so a nice thick layer of ice was on the road. We came up to a stop light. Mom stopped, I was trying to stop, but that ice was just to much and I slid, and slid . . . and BARELY missed hitting her. I looked in the rear view mirror and there was A-, doing his best to stop his truck, but to no avail.

BOOM!

A-'s truck slammed into my 4Runner. I got out to see the damage . . . oh, what damage! But we were all ok, they were all ok. Funny thing, looked like there was next to no extra damage done to their truck. My whole back end is rather dented. So much so, that everyone was joking and calling me Dented Butt on our return trip.





So many accidents on the road; Semi's jack-knifed, cars spinning, off on the side of the road, a couple of small pile ups . . .

We made it to Campion by 5:40 pm, just in time for supper. Eight hours for 56 miles. We had stopped at a mall where we had lunch, so I guess it was only seven hours on the road. Yet the typically Eight hour drive from Farmington to Loveland took 26 hours.

So, the rest of the story . . .

The FEW: Fearlessly Exposed Witnesses, had not practiced since the Thursday before spring break, so it had been two weeks. You see, each practice we tried to do, kept having to be postponed because of the road conditions. Thursday night, the practice was HORRIBLE! none of the kids could remember their lines, they just were batty. Then Friday morning, not a whole lot better. I was beginning to get worried, but I just prayed about it. Friday afternoon, at our last practice, it went must much better, but whatever, we had prayer together, and then that night, every time I woke up, I prayed about the Sabbath School program.

We met up at the church an hour before Sabbath school to mic up, have prayer and just be ready to go. All the girls on the team had prayer. Oh, their prayers were so heartfelt, and for each other and those coming to see them. It brought tears to my eyes!

God definitely wanted us there, and that was such a great performance. So many people came afterwords, throughout the whole day, telling myself and the girls how they were blessed and enjoyed Sabbath School that morning.

You can never convince me that God does not exist! For if He did not . . . I don't even want to immagine what this trip could have turned out to be. It was as if Satan was doing his very best to prevent us from reaching our destination, but God said, "NO! I need them there!" What a privilege and an honor (though scary as it was at the time) to be a part of a plan. We have no idea if this trip was for one of our students, or for one or more of those that attended Sabbath School. What we do know is that God brought us there, and He worked through us in such wonderful ways. I wish I could find the words to really help others understand and feel and know what we have felt and know and understand to be true.

I love you all! And I love my kids! I'm so blessed, even though I have so much stress, God is blessing me in so many ways I know He's looking out for me, I have no need to worry. :)

No comments: