Friday, March 30

Shabot, Sabado, Sabbath . . . REST!

I love Friday nights. I think I always have. My earliest memories of Friday nights involve family worship, reading a book together, singing songs with my daddy playing his guitar. Years where we lived in Oregon during the colder months a fire would be blazing in the wood stove. Academy life was vespers and afterglow, popcorn and such. College . . . NO HOMEWORK! and fun times with Friends. Picnics, hikes, bible discussions, hanging out with those you don't see much during the week. Sabbath was special. Still is. Friday nights are still great nights, but Sabbath morning can be something I at times dread. And that just frustrates me. Breaks my heart.

Fellowshipping with others is important and needed. Yet when there is fighting amongst church leaders and lies and accusation made against you or those you care about . . . I wonder and am reminded what Christ went through when he came to the temple and there was the money changers, or in His own home town when they meant to do Him harm. And you know, I believe He still goes through it all with us too. It's said that even a fallen sparrow is important to Him, how much more the falling, the hurt, the maligned . . . and how much even more when it is "done in His name"

This evening, my mother received a horrid letter from an individual who's caused a lot of tears and frustration for her and our family. We have all been praying about it, but is one who has been spreading lies about her and even myself. One such thing being said is that my mother is "not a christian". Justification for this is unsubstantiated and false, but you can't prove otherwise, for to do so would break confidentiality with parties involved. Of course another of reason given for justification of that was that she was the cause of someone being fired from their job, when in reality, the incident in question she had no part in, nor knew anything about it until it came up. It was an incident that I was involved with, and I thank God, the school board chairman's wife was there as well to verify the story. But still, damage is done. Other things said are slightly on the absurd side, and an intelligent individual who would take the time to think logically would recognize that what is said does not make much sense, but still it is spread and done so on an emotional level, not a logical one.

This person is a member of the same church which is doubly complicated. How do you deal with situations like this? What do you say? How do you work with them? Especially when you love their kids, and their kids love you and come give hugs and share what they've been doing. What do you do or say to help remedy or fix it? So Sabbath morning . . . I'm not really looking forward to, but we all will be there. No avoidance

You know, how Christ wrote in the sand or dirt or whatever on the ground when confronted with Mary and the accusers. How he wrote and each person saw what they themselves had done and none stayed to stone Mary. I don't believe everyone saw everybody else's faults, but only their own, and well . . . . . . I have my own faults, and things that I have done, but you know we all do. And wouldn't it be nice to be given that ability for a day so that you could turn to that person being accused (in this case, wrongfully) once all have left, and say "neither do I condemn you, go and do your very best for God and let Him lead you" Does that make sense? I don't mean it to be sacrilegious in any way. NO WAY! would I want to know other people's sins and faults, mine are enough for me to handle. Thankfully, God is a forgiving and loving God too to help me with my own. It's just, a whole new way of looking at the story in application for life today.

Lord Give me the patience and love and help me to be able to forgive again and again. I can't do it on my own! And Please! Show us and give us true rest :) We've got a big week next week. :)

No comments: