Tuesday, November 27

Unimpressed with the Local Legal guys

If I was the one on trial yesterday, I would have been scared! Both the DA and the Defense attorneys were ramblers. The Defense guy though kinda creeped me out. Well, actually he just annoyed me. Personally, I would think the trial would be a mistrial before it even began because of the biases the Defense set up before the trial. Though I don't know how helpful for the defendant he was. "You will hear that my client is a loser" I got the impression the lawyer thought he was attractive and could appeal to the ladies at least too.

Oh well, I was to far down the list of 42 that they didn't even get to my name to be on the jury for the case. Which is ok. Would have been interesting, but considering how both parties talk a little to long before getting to their point. And they both annoyed the Judge. LOL! That was funny, but I couldn't laugh. The one day case, would probably taken two, and I really couldn't afford to have a sub for two days right now. So, I was able to get back to my kids by noon. Found out one of my students had such a rough morning, he spent part of it in recovery in my mom's classroom, and two others got next to nothing done in math, and yet another was teary all morning. They love their sub, but they really don't do well with change. Poor little tykes. the one girl who was weepy all morning, broke into tears the last 10 minutes of the day, crying she missed her daddy. Sad thing is, she doesn't know who her daddy is. It's the idea of a daddy. The man who is her dad, is in jail. The one who played the role of her dad for awhile is in jail, and her mom now has a new boyfriend that she doesn't like. Parents who do drugs and mess up their kids lives like this little girl and two others in my class, should be "fixed" Should not be allowed to have more kids, it's what's happening. ERG! And parental rights terminated! But no, NM says "It's not illegal to breast feed and do drugs." COME ON! the drugs are illegal! And if it is illegal now places to even smoke in a car with underage kids, then . . . OK, RANTING! I'll stop now

Keep praying for these precious ones in my class. And many others too. All they really want is to be truely loved and to succeed someday.

No comments: