Sunday, February 4

Sabbath Afternoon Drive!

My family and I went for a drive yesterday up to Navajo Dam. A pretty nice drive actually. Tim took more pictures then I did, it was a little cold, so I enjoyed most of the trip from inside the car, but I got a few shots on my digital, hopefully the one on my SLR will be even better. :)

Pretty impressive, and the color of the 'lake'! very lovely!


The pup came along of course . . . loved ever moment of it, and then left all sorts of muddy dog prints on the car seats and my clothes.


The overflow from the dam is partly seen here . . . but I thought the water crook was kinda fascinating.

Faceing the other direction on the top of the dam, you see the lake.

We drove on up . . . not sure what direction, but got some lovely sights of the lake and the Rockies in the distance.

There are several houseboats on the lake, like a little houseboat village, though it was a little quiet, and considering the temperatures, I doubt anyone lives out there this time of year.

Apparently it is a lovely place to go during the summer.

It get's rather hot here in the summers. Dry and Hot! so I can immagine the lake is a definate favorite place to get away.


We then drove back and drove straight across the dam and got another veiw.

It was interesting to note that that you drive across the dam the road that cuts across the middle on the way up. Mom got a little confused, understandably since we were also drawing house plans if they were to buy the house they are renting right now. And couldn't figure out how we were on the top, and not on the road we came up on. hehe.

Looking over the lake,the dam, the overflow, the river, the mountains . . . spectacular view from above. Tim obviously didn't think he'd need a coat, but he definately got cold. Still, I look forward to seeing some of the pictures he took, he took a lot more time then I did. I just snapped shots and jumped back in the car if I couldn't get a decent shot from inside the car.

And lastly, one last shot I got from the top of the mesa. Overlooking the riverflow from the dam and down the way. And one shot of the "hovering mountains". :)


Hope you all had a lovely sabbath too! :)

2 comments:

flashflood said...

cool pics. Ur brother is crazy!!! And people call me weird for wearing hoodies in the summer. Hes out there wearing a t-shirt in freezing weather. oy!!!!

lol anyways, sounds like taking a car ride and looking at pics went well. YOur dog is so cute. Did you ever keep the chincillas from camp? I was wondering where they went.

well.... tell the family I said hi, and that ur brother is one goofy dude. =P

flashflood said...

have a good day!!!!