Friday, February 2

innocence vs. naivety

Girl's are so . . . obnoxious really. Especially at certain times and at certain ages. If I ever was a cruel and devious pre-teen/teenager, I appologive profusely from the bottom of my heart. Though honestly I can not immagine ever having said or done things I've seen and heard girls do these days. Of course, what kids are watching, and have been watching since they can remember on TV is the example to live by. "Mean Girls" a favorite movie of the teens today, and other such films . . . sure, they are amusing to watch, yet the teens and younger are emulating them. LOL! I felt soooo guilty when I watched a rated R movie, when I was 17. Never was I permitted to watch films that were rated above my age, and even when we did watch a movie, it was done with the family. Questionable stuff, mom would talk with me about it. I was very blessed to have a mother who wanted to protect me, and guard my innocence. I was not raised naive, but protected and guided into independence with understanding. And is it just me, but are boys getting more and more stupid, just as tv and film make them out to be.

I would someday like to be married, if God wills, and to be blessed with children, yet as I work with kids each day and see what is going on. I more and more wonder if I am blessed with children if I won't be tempted to over-protect them. HA! naw, won't happen . . . not with my family :D However, I will not raise children the way it is 'shown' to be. There is something to be said for my grandparent's (ok, my mom's parents) generation and the way they raised a family. With a firm hand, and an overflowing loving hearts. Protecting the innocence of thier children as best they can, without making them naive.

Soo, I guess I will just keep on working with the kids and thier mis-directed angst and encourage them to a better understanding of love. God's love, Christian love, TRUE love and friendship. Keep praying for the youth of Today! and thier parents and teachers! :)

No comments: