Wednesday, September 27

Egypt

My Social Studies class (the 5th through 8th graders) are studying Egypt the next few days. It's fascinating stuff, but I struggle with this area in social studies, I just don't know enough to make it REALLY interesting. :( Now if it was US History, yeah, I've got lots of stuff. Or Even European or Russian, but right now, I've not a lot in this area. I'm hoping to get this interactive game for the kids, but the problem is, we only have so many days before we need to get into Israel and most of these 'games' are spread over several weeks. HMPH! There just isn't enough time to get everything in to really get into it and learn. I hope thier Egypt projects will go over well. They are going to make a presentation on some specific topic related to Ancient Egypt using a computer slideshow materials and . . . whadda ya know, they are here to start Social Studies.
. . .


2 comments:

flashflood said...

sounds interesting. Maybe if you did a reading play about egypt it would help them out a bit.

MissKate said...

:)

Actually, they are all going to work on a differant aspect of Ancient Egypt. Make a pressentation, and teach it to the class.

hehe