Saturday, September 23

light headed, haha

Yesterday morning mom called me and asked if I was going to come down to the school. I had been planning on doing that, but I decided that I needed to work on the church bulletin I offered to do for a friend since she was going to be out of town. And I didn't really need to go to the school since I was planning to go down on Sunday. Then Mom asked if I woudl come down, and we'd go get our hair done.

OOOOOOhhh! Well I desprately needed a haircut and oh yeah, I needed a wax. I was feeling furry cattapiller eyebrows. Soo, I'm feeling much lighter now on top of my head. :)

I've probably the fastest growing hair, and inch or more a month. I let my hair grow longer then it has been in awhile, and it was around mid-back length or longer, and let me tell you, it gets awfully heavy to have such long hair, as well as having lots of it. I think the girl who cut my hair took off around five pounds of hair. LOL I can still pull my hair up, but I've now got the closest thing to bangs I will ever have as well. a small amount of hair cut at cheekbone length. Any shorter and I'd be back in 7th or 8th grade with the Big Bangs. Crazy calics (sp?). It looks like I have short hair, and yet it still in parts is long. OH brother! I'm blogging nonsense . . . my hair cut? LOL such an exciting life I lead. :p Maybe I'll post a pic later . . .

This morning two of my students were baptized! That was awesome. They are a 6th and 7th grade boys who are quite talkitive and funny at times, and yet so serious at other times. So sincere are they, and I'm blessed to have them in my classes. My mom, thier homeroom teacher was just beeming today when they were baptized. She's awsome like that. She's had these kids now only five weeks, and she loves them so, and is already invested her heart into them. She really is a great teacher, if for nothing else, for her love and concern for her students success and salvation and a desire for each of them to feel loved and safe. Sure, she's an "older" teacher now (though I don't think she is), but she's a lot more open then most. It must be her generation. :) She has students emailing her, im'ing her and some calling if and when they can. They all know that thier teacher loves them and rejoices in thier successes and joys, and prays for them too.

God's really blessed me! I hope and pray through me maybe I'll be a blessing to others too.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow talk about funny stories. So do ya really feel that light heades??? You had pretty long hair. Did you change the color at all? I can't wait to see it.

As for the baptizems, that an answer to prayer. And at 6th and 7th grade level to. AMEN!!!! God really is leading your life and blessing it abundantly. I wish i coulld have met your mum longer then a couple of minutes. (from when you were at the monroe church)

HAve a good day.

MissKate said...

It was a blessing!

Nope, no color change . . . just fun cut :)