Thursday, November 9

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

You know, it's sad when the teacher gets the biggest kick out of messing with the minds of his/her students. But oh is it fun!

A couple days ago, I got one of the 8th graders pretty good. He was working on an English assignment on the library computers. We've got radmin on them, for several reasons, but in anycase, I popped up the computer he was working on, and moved the mouse around on him, typed him a message on Word, where he was working on his poem, related to his poem, etc. The rest of his class was out at recess at the time (he had to finish up his work before heading out) and so I walked down to the library to "check in with him". He had a puzzled, concerned look on his face. "Miss K, I was typing out my poem . . . then this message came across the computer . . . " Poor guy, he was so serious, and just a little freaked out. I couldn't keep a staight face to long. Told him I sent him the message, "PHEW! I thought the computer was possessed or something and was freaking out" Now the kids know that there is remote admin on thier computers. The kid who I played the trick on will look at me, playfully scowl and say "you're soo mean Miss K" and then he'll laugh and everyone gets a kick out of it. Many of the kids are so impressed by it. "show me how it works" "that is soooo cool" "you can see what we are doing?" "AWESOME!"

2 comments:

flashflood said...

LOL that is like the best prank to play ever. LOL I wish that I could have seen his face when he was all serious and then when he found out it was you. Its all good. Good choice to freak him out though. I most likely would have done the same thing.lol. Will you ever do it again? How about ur mum?

MissKate said...

Well, mom knows about it, She's the one who told me who was on the computer, and had me put radmin on the library computers :)

But it can be startling to see the curser move and you're not doing it. :)