Monday, November 13

Slightly tipsy

WHAT IN THE WORLD!!! I just fell down half a flight of stairs. Had there been no railing, I'd have been seriously injured.

About 15 minutes ago, I took up my class' pizza order (grades 1-4 sell pizza on mondays) and I was standing half-way up the stairs, so that I could see the teacher, but not intrupt to much of the class time.

The teacher said to take the order to the office, since the secretary was from now on taking thier orders. I was taking a step backwards, which wasn't the best thing to do, especially on that stair case (it's steep, narrow, and the steps are a little odd) and with my hand on the railing, I somehow tripped backwards and then, in a slow motion, I rolled backwards down the stairs. Catching myself on the railing, sorta, flipped me around so my head didn't hit the ground, but OUCH! the railing is slippery, so my hand slid down the railing as well, rather then gripping. ERG!!! I may be klutsty at times, but HELLO! falling down the stairs? HMPH! my poor knees . . . rug burned . . . and . . . phooey! This is the second time in my life I've falling for no good reason. All the kids came running to the top of the stairs, "Miss Katie! are you alright?"

Yes, just a bruised ego, sore and scraped knees, and probably a bruised elbow. "Yeah, I'm fine!"

:P

3 comments:

flashflood said...

oh my word, Katie. Are you sure that your alright? As soon as I read the first sentence I had to go to my next class. For 3 40 minute classes I was thining about what had happend to you. I'm glad that you didn't hit your head. The worst part about falling down the stairs is that you went backwards. Do ya still hurt now? oh, i'm so sorry katie. was it the 1-4th graders that met u at the top of the stairs? well... i hope that you start to heal from ur bruses and rug burns and such.

MissKate said...

I'm fine, a little sore in the knees is all

flashflood said...

ok. have a good day today. P.S Be careful!!! =P