Wednesday, November 1

Parent/Teacher Conferences.

OH, it's that lovely time of the Semester . . . P/T Conferences.

Thankfully, I believe, most of the parents are supportive of the teachers and thier students. But I never really know what to talk about sometimes. For instance, for grades 1-4, I have for PE, Music, & Art. So what do I say. The students should have taken home all the projects from last quarter . . . And then for music, we haven't had a performance yet. But the students are learning the differant pitches and notes. Beat and rythym. PE . . .well, "your child participates and does his/her best" "your child is a bully" hmph.

The 5 and up grades kids are easier, I have them for Social Studies as well, so I have projects to show and go over with the parents. It will be interesting. Thankfully, the kids have fairly good grades, except for a couple who just don't turn anything in! ERG! I hate giving F's and D's. I'd much rather do a pass/fail version. "Your child has passed up to this level" "Your child still needs to work on this level before moving on" No child left behind in some ways has tied teachers hands.

Ok, no ranting now, must finish putting up the current art projects on the wall.


3 comments:

flashflood said...

hmmmmm sounds like you got a little itti-bitti problem.

MissKate said...

LOL, well one down, about 30+ to go

flashflood said...

ok so you got a humungo problemo lol