Wednesday, January 10

Two More Days!

It is only two day until the quarter ends. Talk about rush rush rush for some students who realized they didn't have thier work done "all of a sudden". Well, at least they are finally getting that if they don't turn in the work, they can't get credit for it. So, I'm getting a lot of work to be graded from WAY back at the begining of the quarter. Today is actually thier last class day for the quarter for Social Studies, and that is the class they've been lax in the most. I was mortified by this kids grades, but all my hounding and prodding was getting know where until last week when I printed out thier grades and they HAD to get thier parents to sign it. Wah La!

Last night, after school, the drama with the irrate mother came together in a lovely conference with the Principal, myself, and the student's biological father. Neither the principal (who is the child's home room teacher) nor myself backed down from our grading techniques, but dad seemed to agree with us, soooo . . . well it turned out well.

Have a lovely day all

No comments: