Thursday, October 19

Color

My Art classes are learning about color and color theory . . . last week they did monochromatics. It's a fun art lesson actually. They draw a picture to paint, and then draw it again. So they have two of the same, then, with the first, they choose a color and do a monochromatic. Today, they will start the split complimentary, or complimentary based on the age group. They will look nice on our Wall of Masters!

Example of one of the monochromatic paintings . . . we had to mix the purple, and over two differant days. So it isn't perfect because of that.

We have the nastiest paint. It's . . . well it's just not so great. The colors are . . . not pure I guess is the problem. Oh and it smells like fermaldehyde. I would toss it out . . . only it is the only paint we have, and well, we've lots of it. And several new bottles, when we do more elaborate painting, I'll get some better stuff.

3 comments:

flashflood said...

The picture really looks good. I comented about how cool it looked before I read it. Who made it? Nothing can beat how nasty the paint was in the caramics room at wakonda. lol

MissKate said...

I did this one, as an example for the kids . . . I didn't think it was my best work . . . kinda sloppy. :)

flashflood said...

lol