Thursday, October 12

Heartbroken and Soul Weary

I love my students. It never fails, no matter where I go, and how long I am there, I fall in love with each of them. And when you love people and they are in pain, you feel it too. From last Wednesday to today several students have had tramadic experiences.

Two of our kids (brother and sister) are wondering how long thier grandmother is going to live. Over last weekend, something happened that caused her to fall while she was at the store. In the course of the fall, she hit her head hard enough that it caused bleading inside her brain. She's in the hospitol, but not expected to recover. As I understand it she is basically brain dead. The kid's mother is my age, and grandmother about my mom's age. It's so young to die loose a mother and grandmother. The boy is having a very difficult time. He retaliates with everyone who asks how he's doing or how his grandmother is. "Don't call my grandma names!" or he'll call the person names "four eyes!" is the most tame. Yesterday he yelled at one of the older girls who also has found out something this week about her dad.

Yesterday morning I was informed that two of our older students (sisters) got some bad news the night before. Thier dad was arrested and is in jail. The charges? Kidnapping, attempted murder, and assult. Allegedly he pulled a gun on a guy and in the mist of a stuggle shot him in the leg. Reading the report in the paper, it sounds a little fishy to me, but in any case, he is in jail with these charges, and the girls are hurting.

And if that isn't enough drama for the week, it started with another student who's brother was arrested for stealing a car. The circumstances there are also . . . well he did steal the car, but who was the wise individual who left thier car unlocked with the keys in the car at a ranch for troubled boys? HELLO!!! Any how, the sister, one of our students, is sad at times, angry at others, with her brother. She loves him so much, and . . . I'm so proud of her though. She asks for prayers for him regularly. And for herself so that she shows patience with him when she talks with him. He's awaiting a second trial I guess as well.

When the devil strikes, he knows just where it will hurt the most and I pray that each of these families remain strong and close to Christ through these ordeals. These families touch every classroom in our school . . . myself and the other teachers need guidence with them. The right words to say, actions to use . . .

Please pray for 'my kids' thier families and the other teachers and myself.


1 comment:

flashflood said...

wow, i still can't believe all of the hurt in the world can affect even the young minds of us kids today. After reading this, even though you told me last night, I'm speechless. I don't know what its like to have a grandmother who will never recover.And a man you called dad committed of doing something as bad as what was written. *sighs* I would want to offer all the kids in your class sympathy but what they need most is prayer and comfort.

I told the dean about some of these situations and the entire school prayed for your class imparticular. I announced it during assembly. (we get the opportunity to share prayer requests from out of state matters). They will be in my prayers.

you know what.... hopefully someday I could meet your class. That would be awsome. They sound like an extraordinary bunch.