Saturday, October 7

Teenagers of 2006


So I will start with this thought, teenagers and trips mix like mentos and diet coke.


It can be quite explosive. haha

It was a lovely trip both up and back . . . Colorado is amazing. Such majestic mountains, and colorful landscapes . . . Horses . . .

It was amusing at times, eye opening at other times, and yet other times . . . well quite interesting. You know when your parents tell you how differant things were when they were your age . . . I KNOW life was differant when I was thier age. I definately remember having a better grasp on the world around me. The world is such a "me first" "gratify me" society . . . very self centered, and it is normal for them. They have no clue how they sound when they talk about . . . well it's a little disturbing how easily they use God's name in such crass ways. And refuse to believe you when you talk about it. And then all the times they choose to remain ignorant. Ok, not all of them. I was quite impressed with one of my girls who I know was thinking things through, and understood. I can see her going far with her determination to understand. I just pray that she pursues her education and doesn't loose hope with all that is going on with her life. She's a beautiful young lady, both inside and out and my heart aches for her . . . for all of them. Such beautiful girls, intelligent girls . . . I pray that I and the other teachers will be good examples for them and show them joy in school and in knowing God.

So here is a brief synopsis of the weekend. 9 hour drive (several restroom breaks). Registered, girl's move in with a friend of thiers in the dorm, I and mom get a guest room, supper, rotating vespers at Faculty Families homes, Sabbath School, Church, Trip up to a beautiful park just barely into the Rocky mountains. WOW! that was awesome! it got up to 85 or more on Sabbath and Sunday. OK, where was I . . . Oh yes, return to school, supper, vespers program with the music department (they even have a guitar ensemble), Iron Man (a boys club thing, entertaining, especially if you know the boys involved I'm sure), sleep, breakfast, vespers, classes for kids, sponsers meeting for sponsers, tours, auction and return home. I'm soooo thankful it was only 7 and a half hours back . . .or we would have gotten in . . . well 9:30 is much better then 11. It was a nice weekend. Though I don't look forward to the drive, I am looking forward to taking the 5-9th graders up again for music festival. I haven't seen an academy like the one I went to in a long time. It was very encouraging. A spiritual atmosphere with lots of opportunities for the students to lead out.


Before they got sick from all the junk food they decided they had to eat on the 9 hour drive. Thankfully, they didn't eat as much on the way back and we didn't stop as often and got back in under 8 hours.







On the road north to the mountains and Campion Academy.






The Academy went to this lovely park that was about 45 minutes from the school. It was a lot of fun to see the academy students intract with each other and the guest students and sponsers. They were so nice. Such polite interest in the visitors on campus. I would send my kids there . . . though I don't have any. :)











A moment of peace at the park.









For a couple hundred miles there are these retired and rusting train flatbeds. It seems to be flatbed retirement home.









Sun down on the way back from the Academy about 100 miles or so north of Pagosa Springs I think.







My girls sleeping . . . or one sleeping, the others woke up when I took the picture. :)

They got that huge stuffed lion at the Academy Days "Auction".

1 comment:

flashflood said...

Wow you take very good pictures. What r the names of the girls? It sounds like you had loads of fun.Lol no think about it.... if i were in the car on the way up there i would have been hyper the entire time, talk about tons of junk food.lol